New Job: Field Mapping Crew Chief
- Perform assigned tasks in a professional and ethical manner
- Mastery of GIS concepts
- Proficiency with spreadsheets (Google Sheets, Excel), databases (SQLite, MySQL, etc.), and geospatial tools (QGIS, GDAL, etc.) is required
- Willing to travel and work flexible/additional hours in order to meet project timelines
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects
- Excellent communication
- Solid organizational skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Train technicians and their teams in successful completion of their roles and responsibilities
- Plan, schedule, and track projects with accurate timelines
- Manage, check and coordinate all materials to be delivered to each project site daily
- Delegate tasks and facilitate duties to mapping technicians for each project
- Assign monitor, and provide input on work
- Mentor mapping technicians and their team members for successful development of increased competencies related to professional growth
- Foster an environment for teams to successfully collect data in buildings to include: emergency equipment, utilities, room information, and nSide|Views
- Instruct and train technicians on quality data collection processes
- Direct or conduct surveys to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles.
- Prepare, or supervise preparation of, all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to collections.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of collections to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
Skills & Knowledge
- Geography — Knowledge of principles and methods for describing the features of land, sea, and air masses, including their physical characteristics, locations, interrelationships, and distribution of plant, animal, and human life.
- Mathematics — Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Time Management — Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Learning Strategies — Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Education and Training — Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Mathematical Reasoning — The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Number Facility — The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Spatial Orientation — The ability to know your location in relation to the environment or to know where other objects are in relation to you.
- Group health and dental insurance is offered for eligible nSide employees through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama.
- Both the health and dental insurance offerings include individual and family coverage.
- Group vision insurance is offered for eligible nSide employees through VSP insurance group. Available for individual and family coverage.
- A group life insurance plan for eligible employees is offered by nSide through UNUM insurance group. The group life insurance plan is fully paid by nSide.
About nSide, Inc.:
nSide is a school safety company based in Florence, Alabama that cares for today’s most pressing threats and security challenges. We strive to answer the hard questions and provide the best solutions for school safety, as we integrate all threads of communication alongside advanced technologies. After more than a decade of serving in over 2,000 different schools, we need someone to join our efforts in keeping children and teachers safe.