nSide is looking for a skilled Accounting Clerk to perform a variety of accounting, bookkeeping, and financial tasks at our corporate office in Florence, AL.
The Accounting Clerk’s responsibilities include keeping financial records updated, preparing reports, and reconciling bank statements. You will also run accounting software programs (e.g. Xero) to process business transactions, like accounts payable and receivable, disbursements, expense vouchers, and receipts. A successful accounting clerk should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
This position is full-time (40hr) and eligible for all benefits and paid time off provided by the company
Ultimately, a successful Accounting Clerk will help ensure that our daily accounting functions run accurately and effectively.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings, and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in the database
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel as needed
- Research, track and resolve accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on project profitability as requested
- Process outgoing payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate reports detailing accounts payables status
- Understand expense accounts and cost centers
- Understands compliance issues around accounts payable processes (W-9, sales tax, etc.)
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Work closely with CFO to improve financial procedures and implement changes in technology/systems as needed
Requirements and Skills
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as Accounts Receivable Clerk or Accounts Payable Clerk
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases, and accounting software (Quickbooks, Xero, Intacct, Netsuite, etc)
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and demonstrable understanding of basic business processes
- Ability to perform filing and record-keeping tasks