Planning Guidance and Checklists
Any public health emergency presents significant risk communication challenges, and an influenza pandemic will be no different. Clear, accurate and timely communication is key to keeping the general public informed about the influenza pandemic. The following are federal resources that can help assist with pandemic communication planning efforts.
- CDC Crisis Emergency Risk Communication (CERC)
- CDC Communication Resources for Emergency Health Professionals
- Communicating in a Crisis – Risk Communication Guidelines for Public Officials (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration)
- Pandemic Influenza Pre-Event Message Maps
- Staying Connected with Flu Social Media
SOURCE: “Planning Guidance and Checklists.” Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 20 Nov. 2019, http://www.cdc.gov/nonpharmaceutical-interventions/tools-resources/planning-guidance-checklists.html.