Submitting your information
After purchasing the mapping service, you will need to submit your district’s information (such as floor plans, school safety plans, and emergency contacts) to nSide.
Once your district has submitted all of the required data, one of our team members will contact you to schedule the mapping visit.
On Your Campus
When our team arrives at the first school, they will check in at the office and connect with the main point of contact for the district.
Our team will need access to the entire campus, including access to all buildings on campus (keys/access cards) in order to complete the mapping process.
The data collection process that our mapping teams go through can be broken down into 3 steps:
- 360 nSide|Views
What information do we collect while mapping?
- room type
- room number
- teacher name
- door picture
- Additional information (Class information, etc.) can be added at a later time.
- fire extinguishers
- cooking equipment
- hazardous materials
- network switches
- utility points (electrical, HVAC, water shut-off, etc.)
- a virtual walkthrough of your campus (similar method to Google Street View)
- interior and exterior views of the buildings
- the layout of each room.
*Our teams will never collect photos of students or other people.
- Your safety team members will be able to view critical infrastructure points, evacuation routes, main cut-off valves and switches, as well as cameras throughout campus.
- You can give first responders access to building layouts with information about emergency equipment in each building, and they will be able to do a virtual walkthrough of where they need to go.
- The map provides a convenient way to keep inventory and maintenance records so that systems are kept updated and safe.
nSide has a team of School Safety Experts available to train your staff on how to use the nSide platform and best practices for school safety.