In recent months, Gov. Bill Lee and the Tennessee General Assembly announced a one-time $40 million grant for Tennessee Public Schools and $14 million grant for Tennessee Non-Public Schools to invest in school safety improvements. This funding is an opportunity for schools to make necessary infrastructure upgrades and program implementations to create a safe environment for students and teachers.
What Can Schools Spend This Money On?
- Emergency Operations Planning
- Improving physical security (e.g. cameras, door locks, communication/emergency notification apps, etc.)
- School Resource Officers
- Violence Prevention Planning (e.g. Behavioral Threat Assessment)
- Safety Training for Staff Members
Where Does nSide Come In?
There is no one answer to solving the issues surrounding school safety. That is why we offer a simple, unified platform that brings school safety information, technology, and personnel into one place. From EOP management to surveillance, to school safety training, nSide provides schools with a streamlined way to manage school safety.
View information and requirements for the Public School Funding here.
View information and requirements for the Non-Public School Funding here.
Emergency Operations Planning
The nSide Platform is an innovative tool for emergency planning that brings all information, technology, and personnel into one place. Your schools can:
- Create, manage, and store your emergency operations plans
- Log drills and training
- Endure state and local compliance
- Organize contacts and information for school and district staff and community partners
nSide|Live gives schools a real-time view of their campus surveillance system within the platform.
- Cameras visible and accessible on the nSide maps
- State-of-the-art software and hardware
- Placement assessments and installation by our certified team
- Maintenance provided by nSide
nSide|Edge offers you comprehensive management of access to your facilities.
- Secure the doors to all your facilities 24/7
- Installation provided
- Visible on the nSide maps for easy identification of controlled access points
nSide|Lockdown is a rapid emergency notification app that initiates urgest responses to a variety of emergencies.
- 4 types of emergency alerts: police, medical, fire, and lockdown
- Instant alerts to admin and staff
- Admin messaging capability
- Dial 911 directly within the app
nSide|Assess helps your schools identify students in crisis and potential threats and collaborate with your team to give them the care they need.
- Digital case management system
- Multidisciplinary approach
- A structured process for evaluating, helping, and following up with students to prevent crises
nSide has a team of school safety experts available to help your schools cultivate a culture of school safety, effectively plan for emergencies, and achieve compliance with all regulations.
- School Safety 101 Training
- Behavioral Threat Assessment Training
- WICC Training
- nSide Platform Basic Training